Monday 8 April 2013

Behind the Debauchery - Vice Magazine



Behind the Debauchery
A 'Spring Breakers' scrapbook.

Words and photos by Annabel Mehran



I've known Harmony Korine for many years; we've been friends through thick and thin, good times and bad. I feel like every element of spring breakers was him creating an environment where people felt really open and safe- perhaps so they were comfortable going crazy (in a fun way). The fact that he bought the cast together- James Franco, Gucci Mane, Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Benson and his wife, Rachel - was a sign this movie was going to be very special. And i think the ATL twins was him recognising that there were a physical manifestation of what the film is about. They were so clear about their desires: Drinking, double penetrating women and doing drugs. It was all out in the open with them, just like the movie. I'm happy to share with the world some of my favorite behind the scenes photos, along with a few captions that will provide some context for what the hell was happening on this crazy set.





one of my favorite photos of Rachel Korine. She is a huge fan of Gucci Mane and while he can be difficult to read I think he is a big fan of hers too, I mean who wouldn't be? She's crochets!
 





I have never seen kids get crazier on water and lemonade in my life. That energy on set that day was intense.



You know just your typical 4am popsicle! This was a long night and killing time between takes with Vanessa and Ashley involved lots of high jinks. Dance offs, sing alongs... you get the idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment